Thursday, March 30, 2017

Quilt show and another small finish

This weekend there's a quilt show just north of Toronto in Newmarket.

Region of York Quilters Guild presents
Celebration of Colour Quilt Show
April 1 from 10 - 5:00 
April 2 from 10 - 4:00,  2017
Newmarket Community Centre
200 Doug Duncan Drive
Newmarket, Ontario


I am planning on going and being there as soon as they open. Hopefully, I'll have some photos to show.

I did manage a small finish today.


It's just the top but it seemed to take forever. We had a bit of snow fall this afternoon and it changed to wet snow. I thought I'd take a photo on the deck.  Tomorrow it's supposed to rain.

I always seem to debate the fabrics I want to use. This time I was hoping for a stormy feel to go with the lightning streak. Gray skies, wind and stormy seas. This is the March mini quilt.

Just a bit more free fabric. One of our guild members passed away a couple of years ago and there was a lot of fabric being given away to whoever showed up tonight at the guild meeting (stormy wet snow fell almost the whole evening.) Another member and myself were in charge of the coffee and tea tonight. Luckily, I got a lift home.

5 comments:

  1. Weather sounds fierce, Lovely fabric gift, and the lightning, great fabrics to show off the zig-zag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is your March mini for a monthly online group? I love the colors you chose to set off the lightening bolt, and I always love minis. How big is this?
    Very colorful fabrics to add to your stash, enjoy using them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lightning quilt looks stormy for sure! We too had new snow today and rain forecast for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice interpretation of stormy weather with your quilt finish. Hope the fabrics are something you can use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spring certainly seems to be taking her sweet time - at this rate we'll still be getting snow in May!! There's lots of inspiration in your bag of fabrics - and - I love seeing your new header!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.